Sign Up to The Daily Mile today to take part in a The Daily Mile GO Run For Fun event!
About The Daily Mile
The aim of The Daily Mile is to improve the physical, social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing of our children – regardless of age, ability or personal circumstances.
What is The Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a social physical activity which takes place in schools or nurseries, with children running, wheeling or jogging – at their own pace – in the fresh air with friends. Children can occasionally walk to catch their breath, if necessary, but should aim to run or jog for the full 15 minutes. We want every child to have the opportunity to do The Daily Mile at primary school, and are now working to build The Daily Mile’s community with schools, local councils, sports bodies and other supporters all around the globe.
Why does The Daily Mile Work?
- It takes place in 15 minutes, with most children averaging a mile, or more, each day.
- Children run outside in the fresh air – and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier.
- There’s no set up, tidy up, or equipment required.
- No staff training is needed and there is no extra workload for teachers.
- Children run in their uniforms so no kit or changing time is needed.
- It’s social, non-competitive and fun.
- The children return to class ready to learn.
- It helps to improve fitness and achieve a healthy weight.
- It encourages children to be aware of their health.
- It’s fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile.